Uranus is the seventh planet from the Sun. It is also a planet of large dimensions compared to our Earth.
Not much is known about Uranus, except what measurements have revealed that it consists of about 80% hydrogen and 10-15% helium. There are also clouds of ethane deep in the atmosphere. Wind speeds of up to 400 kilometres per hour occur. Most remarkable, however, is the planet’s tilt, as it is tilted 98 degrees, which means that the north and south poles alternately face the Sun. Some believe this is due to a very old collision with another large planet. Uranus also has a thin ring system, which is almost vertical.
- Average distance from the Sun: 2869.6 million kilometres
- Model:2870 metres(from the Sun)
- Size: 51,800 km (diameter)
- Model: 5.2 cm (diam.)
Orbital period around the Sun: 30684 days or 84 years
- Mass:(kg.)8.6978 x 1025
- Surface temperature:-210 degrees in lower atmosphere considerably more.
- Number of Moons: 27 – the biggest are Titania, Oberon, Umbriel, Ariel and Miranda